Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4PI Cabinet plans / question
Re: 4PI Cabinet plans / question [message #74826 is a reply to message #73072] Sun, 09 December 2012 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
zheka is currently offline  zheka
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 21 June 2012 11:07

I do not think it is valid to consider sealed mains to be easier to integrate with multisubs. In fact, I'd say this presumption goes against the whole multisub concept, which is to blend sound sources having various phase relationships and physical locations in the modal region.

The additional extension from vented mains helps increase overlap between mains and flanking subs. The venting also reduces excursion. It is a good thing, all the way around.

I'd rather the center be vented too, but I don't think we lose much to have one channel sealed. It has a different phase characteristic, but then again, being in a different location is sort of the same thing, and is even better. It's the various locations that matter the most.

Is there any reason why the same logic cannot be extended to tapped horn subs? In other words, can THs be mixed with sealed and bass-reflex subs in multisub setups?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4pi Crossover Questions
Next Topic: Value of L1 on 7Pi schematic?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 10:27:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio