Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Good music today
Good music today [message #7471] Sun, 29 April 2007 20:13 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I've been working in New Orleans for a couple of months and finally got a day off to go to the Jazz Fest today. I have wanted to see Bonnie Raiit for a long time and finally go to do so.

It was great performance and everyone there got caught up in the music and enjoyed it. The finale was a mix of songs with the Horn & Sax section from Allen Touisant's Jazz Band along with the Queen of New Orleans soul Irma Thomas and Ivan Neville and John Cleary on keyboards.

There is nothing like live music to pull you in and lift your spirits.

Re: Good music today [message #7472 is a reply to message #7471] Tue, 01 May 2007 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
I remembered Bonnie Raiit's album entitled Souls Alike. Almost all lyrics of her songs are very meaningful. But my favorite tract was God Was in the Water. I like very much the melody and lyrics of the song.

Re: Good music today [message #7489 is a reply to message #7471] Fri, 11 May 2007 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbijk is currently offline  robbijk
Esquire
Jazz Fest is great! I was living in the N.O. area until this year, and I do miss the music events. Did you happen to catch George Thorogood and The Destroyers playing that same day?

Re: Good music today [message #7491 is a reply to message #7489] Fri, 11 May 2007 17:09 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
No I didn't, I was late getting there. I wanted to see him though. I imagine he would be a great live performer.

Mike

Previous Topic: Night at the Museum
Next Topic: Joe Bonamassa kicked *ss!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 12:14:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers