Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Speakers High Up
Speakers High Up [message #74554] Sat, 24 November 2012 16:38 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
I've always believed that speakers high up the walls and in the corners of a room are the best way to hear music. That's the way my set-ups have always been and it's always sounded good to me. Is there a better placement then this to get the best sound?
Re: Speakers High Up [message #74556 is a reply to message #74554] Sat, 24 November 2012 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Corners are great but overhead is not. Sounds don't normally come from overhead (except planes and birds) so it's unnatural.

Re: Speakers High Up [message #74610 is a reply to message #74554] Tue, 27 November 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with Wayne. Yet you frequently see speakers set up overhead, angled downward. I think people do this out of convenience and don't always mind sacrificing the aural "picture".
Re: Speakers High Up [message #74625 is a reply to message #74554] Wed, 28 November 2012 11:20 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Placing speakers in corners and as close to "ear level" as possible as works good for me. I love music so i'm always experimenting with what might be the next prime location.
Previous Topic: Gik Scatter Plates
Next Topic: Soundproofing Is NOT "Room Treatment"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 08 13:21:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout