Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Neo-Morpheus Cables
Neo-Morpheus Cables [message #74030] Wed, 03 October 2012 15:06 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Black Cat is selling Neo-Morpheus cables, which (as their name implies) are similar to Morpheus cables but have more shielding and insulation. I thought they looked interesting but they are quite expensive.
Re: Neo-Morpheus Cables [message #74473 is a reply to message #74030] Wed, 14 November 2012 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
24KPython is currently offline  24KPython
Chancellor
Though I've never had the pleasure of listening to system with them installed, the ideas behind their construction -- tubular copper conductor and air-filled Teflon as a dielectric is fascinating. Of course I'd never pay that amount for a cable, when I can make my own that sound nearly as good for much less! Very Happy
Re: Neo-Morpheus Cables [message #74483 is a reply to message #74030] Fri, 16 November 2012 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't buy Morpheus cables either, so it's unlikely I'd try the Neo-Morpheus any time soon. 24K, when you say you build your own cables, do you actually mean the cable, or soldering on the connectors?
Re: Neo-Morpheus Cables [message #74487 is a reply to message #74483] Fri, 16 November 2012 18:08 Go to previous message
24KPython is currently offline  24KPython
Chancellor
The whole shebang! I mean short of creating wire out of copper anyway. Smile Basically, it's possible to repurpose certain quality parts of inexpensive cables (ex. CAT-5, coax, printer cable...) and construct new cables that rival high-end cables that cost thousands of dollars.

See my other thread: Make Your Own High-End Cables for suggestions.

Previous Topic: Found out what to do with all these 6SN7's I have
Next Topic: Audacity Capabilities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 11:21:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout