Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My audiophile Pi4 journey
Re: My audiophile Pi4 journey [message #74461 is a reply to message #74460] Tue, 13 November 2012 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Nick77 is currently offline  Nick77
Baron
Just recently i did another upgrade of which i was hardly prepared for the overwhelming results. I upgraded the internal wiring to the drivers and binding posts. I know the benefits of using good wiring and have experienced positive results with interconnects and speaker cables. (Not looking for any cable debate but to share my experience).
I thought i had used a decent hookup wire when i put the speakers together, solid core 16awg high purity copper wire. A buddy of mine that owns and makes high quality cables (Wywire) sent me a speaker wire harness that he makes for several high end speaker manufacturers.
It consisted of high quality Litz copper wire for the tweeter circuit and thicker litz wire for the bass driver.

index.php?t=getfile&id=916&private=0

I got both speakers done and i cant believe all the performance that has been left on the table until now. The upgrade was akin to a new higher quality amplifier. Sound stage has increased,bass is deeper and tighter and the highs are detailed but smoother. I did one speaker first and compared the two, I had to unhook the undone speaker, it was as if it was shouting at me. It now sounded sibilant and distorted by comparison. Now that both speakers are done i am in heaven. The resolution and micro details are off the charts. The Pi4 is truely an audiophile speaker when fully utilized. The harness cost just over $100 but has to be the greatest result for the money i have ever experienced. I have fairly high end electronics and your results may vary but highly recommended.
So i feel like i have reached the end of my journey and now i can sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labors.
But i would be remiss if i didn't thank Wayne for his awesome design and generosity. Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4Pi plan request
Next Topic: 4 Pi Plan Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 05:29:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects