Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Radio for amp
Radio for amp [message #74226] Mon, 22 October 2012 13:21 Go to next message
audiot3ch is currently offline  audiot3ch
Chancellor
I'm looking to purchase a new head unit very shortly for my car. I have a Kenwood 800 watt amp and 2 12 inch subwoofers that are ready to go. I've been having a hard time finding a good head unit. I go to Best Buy sometimes and just look, but none of them seem that appealing to me.

What type of head unit would you guys suggest that is in the $50-$150 range?
Re: Radio for amp [message #74254 is a reply to message #74226] Thu, 25 October 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VoigtClub is currently offline  VoigtClub
Chancellor
I can't really advise on head units, but as a way of 'bumping' your question, thought I might ask you the obvious followup question that might help someone answer you better...

What are you looking for in a head unit? What wasn't so appealing about the ones you looked at? Was it the features... was it the appearance...?

Personally I don't even use a "head unit"... I wired my system to run off my iPhone and play Pandora.
Re: Radio for amp [message #74257 is a reply to message #74254] Thu, 25 October 2012 22:33 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Check out Crutchfield they carry a better selection than BB. Fry's Electronics as well. Both are on the web, as I recall Fry's has an odd dot.com name, something like outpost.com.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Orange Crush Amps
Next Topic: Where Can I Buy A T-Amp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 10:12:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers