Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4Pi plans - do I need them?
4Pi plans - do I need them? [message #73877] Thu, 20 September 2012 05:05 Go to next message
audiothings
Chancellor
Hello Wayne,

I have added a post to the previous thread I had started. I'd be much obliged if you could find a moment for it...

Would 4pi be a better match for my requirement, given that it is capable of playing 5 dB louder? Though I personally mix while monitoring pretty soft, I will need to crank it up occasionally, to hear particular details, or impress a client...

I have 22" (w) 16" (d) and up to 80" (h) available. If the 3pi will fit in to this space, I would very much like to have the plans...

thank you.

EDIT: I see that the 4pi is 18 (w) x 14 (d) x 26 (h). It will suit my purpose better I think... smaller cabinet, more SPL. Moreover I have a clear upgrade path... the JBL 2226 is available easily, here in India, as is the stuff from Eminence. With the 3Pi, I don't really have an upgrade path, as the AE speakers are not available here... We learned while acquiring the Tempest subs, that it is a big PITA to import... BIG.

BTW, what kind of SPL can I expect while driving it with a 440 watt @ 8 ohms amp?

Thanks again,
Re: 4Pi plans - do I need them? [message #73879 is a reply to message #73877] Thu, 20 September 2012 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sound pressure level is about 120dB at 1 meter from a four π speaker at 400 watts.

Let me know what model speaker you decide on and I'll send plans.

Re: 4Pi plans - do I need them? [message #73882 is a reply to message #73879] Thu, 20 September 2012 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiothings
Chancellor
I think I have decided on the 4Pi. Wayne, could you please send me the plans...? For sizing... I hope to contact you soon about the purchase of the crossovers and other small details...
Re: 4Pi plans - do I need them? [message #73884 is a reply to message #73882] Thu, 20 September 2012 15:04 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Previous Topic: Newbie to speaker building -thinking about 2 Pi
Next Topic: Six Pi Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 06:58:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio