Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics
Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics [message #7364] Mon, 22 January 2007 20:12 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I just read David O'Brien's short book on the history and purpose of McIntosh audio clinics. It's quite interesting and what he doesn't say speaks as clearly as what he does say

Re: Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics [message #7366 is a reply to message #7364] Tue, 23 January 2007 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

On that note, I thought I'd post a link to Dave O'Brien's page on Russell Roger's website:

Re: Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics [message #7367 is a reply to message #7366] Tue, 23 January 2007 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I remember taking my MC-2505 to a clinic in Portland. I was the only one there under 30 and in jeans. I was treated like I was somebody by Dave and have never forgotten it. The stuffy old men in suits who abounded in HiFi back then were sort of taken aback by Dave's obvious courteous treatment of me. It worked, I've bought several pieces of Mac gear since

Re: Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics [message #7368 is a reply to message #7367] Tue, 23 January 2007 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a very good story to remember him by.

Re: Interesting book about McIntosh Audio Clinics [message #7375 is a reply to message #7364] Mon, 05 February 2007 19:36 Go to previous message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
I haven't read Dave O'Brien's book about the history of the McIntosh Audio Clinics. But I heard from a friend that the book was very interesting and informative. How true?

Previous Topic: She's all that and a bag of chips!
Next Topic: Spiderman 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 16:04:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout