Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound? [message #73480 is a reply to message #73475] Sat, 04 August 2012 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
I've been running straight mode the past few times I've listened to the speakers. I think this does help! But if I'm going to run these straight, I think I definitely need a sub... I really need a sub anyway.

I'm not sure if it's only on surround sound DVDs or not. I haven't noticed a big difference between disks. The vast majority of the time I'm running blu ray (if that makes a difference).

Wayne, you need a projector w/ AT screen! Very Happy Also curious, what model of RDAC are you running? I may go this direction if I'm going to get amps.. unless I NEED a preamp. ? Not sure..

I recently read elsewhere where a guy wrote that the louder he listens to movies, the more rolloff he wanted in the high frequencies, and the quieter he listened, the more high frequency detail he wanted. When I read this, it really clicked with me. I had the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (they're at my parent's house now), and I really like the sound. I like to turn them up, but it feels like the high frequencies become stabbing, although the lower frequencies are fine. I'm not an audio expert.. would you guys say that I'm probably a "warm" speaker type of guy? Smile Or is this just a universal thing where the louder you want, the less high freq you probably need?

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message