Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » First Post, 2 Pi, Ear Discomfort
Re: First Post, 2 Pi, Ear Discomfort [message #73197 is a reply to message #73174] Tue, 03 July 2012 09:38 Go to previous message
j0nnyfive is currently offline  j0nnyfive
Baron
Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea. I have one of those but I can't find it.

I think it's the room acoustics. Like I said, the trouble isn't that I was having "normal" desensitization. The problem was an abnormal feeling that is unfamiliar. This only happened at my apartment but not at the house. The weird feeling at the apartment wasn't accompanied by much desensitization, but it was a little.

I think it's a combination of raw SPL and room acoustics. Playing it at the house, we really cranked it at times. I got "normal" desensitization but not that weird uncomfortable feeling that I can't describe very well. After experimenting, I really think I have an odd room at my apartment that will need a bit of tweaking.

What makes me hesitant to say it was just SPL at the apartment is that I'm really paranoid about playing it too loud because of my apartment neighbors. I tend to always caution on the low side, and it didn't sound very loud at the apartment. However, it DID sound loud at the house. I'm telling ya these high sens. speakers are awesome with the movie Thor! "Hamma!!" Smile Anyway, thanks for the advice everybody and I will buy another SPL meter if I have to. That's a great idea either way!

p.s. I know that a loud sound can still sound quiet, which also leads me to think I need to address my room acoustics. If it was playing too loud at the apartment, then it shouldn't sound "too quiet". lol Just thinking out loud here... also keep in mind that I'm a n00b. I could be doing this all wrong. lol Just sayin. Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: auralex wedges in place of R13
Next Topic: 1Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 14:41:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects