Home » Audio » Source » Internet connection required on Blu-Ray Discs?
Re: Internet connection required on Blu-Ray Discs? [message #72365 is a reply to message #72361] Tue, 24 April 2012 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
iLoveiPod wrote on Tue, 24 April 2012 18:15
I've never heard of this. However, we don't have a Blu-Ray player yet, so we're still stuck in the dark ages, watching regular old DVDs, haha!

Seriously though, I really hope we're not moving towards a trend where internet is a requirement just to watch a movie on a disc!

Me too! I was thinking the other night that DVDs are the only product that I own that threatens me with fines and imprisonment and locks the menu so you can't not watch them.

I don't copy Blu-ray discs because the blanks are still around $15 a piece. Considering the lack of new movies that I can bear watching, regular DVDs aren't worth copying either.

But HD surround sound on BR is incredibly better than stereo on cd or vinyl. I suddenly feel like I have a collection of mono quality music discs.

One disc I was awed by is The Biggest Bang, which is a live recording of the Stones from 2005 in Austin, TX. I think Jagger is about 70, Charlie Watts is very gray headed, and Keith Richards is as ugly as ever. They sound better than they ever did. They seem to really enjoy touring.

They are richer than god, so it's not for the money.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: MP3 Players in Stores