Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Guardian
The Guardian [message #7195] Sun, 01 October 2006 09:55 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I went to see it this weekend and I thought it was a pretty decent movie. I realize that in an action type movie they need lots of effects to satisfy the masses so for a Hollywood effort to showcase one facet of the USCG it was pretty good.

Nothing deep here. No pun intended Just an simple story with decent acting and good dialog. The bar fight scene was a little over the top given today's political climate You wont find many fights involving the khaki community and enlisted ranks simply because they would be career ending.

I like Kevin Costner and also like the fact he doesn't select only roles that are career enhancing.

Re: The Guardian [message #7196 is a reply to message #7195] Sun, 01 October 2006 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't had much time to catch the previews. What's it about?

I've been watching the Lost series on DVD. Pretty cool! Didn't watch them when they were aired, so I'm watching the first season now.

Re: The Guardian [message #7197 is a reply to message #7196] Sun, 01 October 2006 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
It's about the USCG Rescue Swimmers who are part of the rescue teams the CG deploys when there is a problem. They were the first to respond to Katrina's devistation.

Re: The Guardian [message #7199 is a reply to message #7197] Mon, 02 October 2006 08:17 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, wow, gthat sounds like a good movie. I'll have to check that one out for sure!

Previous Topic: iPod Recommendation?
Next Topic: JImi's Electric Ladyland
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:13:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout