Home » xyzzy » Tower » Politics and Music
Politics and Music [message #71804] Fri, 16 March 2012 13:08 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Does a musician's politics change your opinion of their music? Obviously music should be evaluated on its own merits, but it can be hard to avoid making the association.
Re: Politics and Music [message #71893 is a reply to message #71804] Fri, 23 March 2012 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I don't ever consider the politics of a musician or band when I am listening to the music. Sometimes I am disappointed to find out what their political leanings are though.
Re: Politics and Music [message #71934 is a reply to message #71804] Tue, 27 March 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I don't generally pay much attention when musicians talk about politics, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. It seems like they usually don't know much about what they're talking about. I think that's normal, since they must devote so much time to their career. As long as they don't push it too much, I try not to let their comments affect my opinion of them as artists.
Re: Politics and Music [message #72010 is a reply to message #71804] Wed, 04 April 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ah heck no, (I have to keep this hi brow being the tower, otherwise I'd be wording this a different way) most musicians don't know what the heck's going on.
Re: Politics and Music [message #72336 is a reply to message #71804] Mon, 23 April 2012 04:30 Go to previous message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
In a way, but most times it changes my opinion of them. Bruce Springsteen is a good example. Knowing his political leanings helps me understand better where he's coming from with his music and I better appreciate it at that point.
Previous Topic: Nick Jr Will Drive Me Mad
Next Topic: Meteor in northern Nevada?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 21:12:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout