Home » Audio » General » Alan Parsons speaks about the A/V world
Re: Alan Parsons speaks about the A/V world [message #71353 is a reply to message #71351] Sat, 11 February 2012 17:58 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I always listen to music in surround sound now. One of the things that annoys me about my Pioneer Elite TX-47 (old), is that the MCACC settings are always flat and have weak bass to me.

There is a button labeled acoustic calibration that has settings for front align, all channels align, and something else. It also has an off position which is what I choose. The sound becomes much warmer and the bass more present.

But, by using Dolby Pro-logic II in music mode with the acoustic cal. off, I get a really natural sound that beats the heck out of straight stereo. It anchors the vocals with the center channel and offers some ambiance from the surrounds.

After re-reading your post, I think you were speaking of music recorded in multichannel and not stereo. I spent so much time writing this, I'll post it anyway ;-]

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Audio Demo Rooms
Next Topic: Grammy's audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 16:21:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects