Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Integrated Preamplifier
Integrated Preamplifier [message #71016] Tue, 17 January 2012 13:48 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, My latest creation an integrated tube preamplifier. It uses only tubes in the active circuitry but has a digital remote control volume (resistor switched by relays) and source selection. Full phono preamp (like the Groove) and allows for passive or active line stage with a gain of 15 db. Still breaking in, but sounds lovely. Smile

It is not a simple project, although a good diyer could do it. Care in layout and wiring technique is important. I'll post a schematic when I get one cleaned up. BTW the PS uses 1500uf of 500VDC caps, heaters another 15,000 more and about 30uf of polys. Rolling Eyes

index.php?t=getfile&id=675&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=676&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=677&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Integrated Preamplifier [message #71017 is a reply to message #71016] Tue, 17 January 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That amp looks awesome, really sweet!

Re: Integrated Preamplifier [message #71018 is a reply to message #71017] Tue, 17 January 2012 14:33 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Thanks, It sounds better than I thought it would with the substitute caps (Jantzen Crosscaps) in place of the Silver Zs on order and the power supply voltages are low by about 10% (new design transformer coming to fix that). Still a really clean sound. I expect to burn it in for a week or so and then do measurements on it. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Tube amplifier for headphones
Next Topic: Miniwatt amps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 15:12:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers