Home » Audio » Movies & Music » all time favorite
all time favorite [message #7081] Sat, 12 August 2006 22:23 Go to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
My all time favorite is "Gone With The Wind", starring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh. What's yours?

Re: all time favorite [message #7082 is a reply to message #7081] Sun, 13 August 2006 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How can you have only one?
Lets say ten.
Godfather
On The Waterfront
From Here To Eternity
Rebel Without A Cause
The Big Sleep
Treasure Of The Sierra Madre
Casablanca
Paths Of Glory
Lawrence Of Arabia
The Wizard Of Oz
Taxi Driver

Thats a small sample; it's really hard.

Re: all time favorite [message #7084 is a reply to message #7082] Sun, 13 August 2006 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
I know, that's why I choose only one. Some movies on the list I've seen already like the Godfather of course, From Here To Eternity, Lawrence of Arabia, Rebel Without A Cause and Casablanca. They're all great and rightfully be there on the on the top ten. To see the complete list, here's a link: http://www.time.com/time/2005/100movies/the_complete_list.html

Hope you enjoy scrolling through the list.

Re: all time favorite [message #7086 is a reply to message #7084] Sun, 13 August 2006 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I really love good movies; I probably saw all of the films listed more than once. So maybe you can offer an opinion as to where the good films have gone to? I would sure like to see a really good movie for a change.
Everything I seem to like now is foriegn made.

Re: all time favorite [message #7096 is a reply to message #7086] Wed, 16 August 2006 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
telegraph.hill is currently offline  telegraph.hill
Viscount
One of my favorites:

Reunion, with Jason Robards, about the friendship of two high school students in 1930's Germany. An excellent film.

For fun: The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Re: all time favorite [message #7149 is a reply to message #7086] Fri, 08 September 2006 12:05 Go to previous message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
Good question... where *have* they gone? Maybe all the writers and producers are so into making a killing at the box office that they seek out as much filth and slime as can fit into one movie and that compromises the actual value?

Previous Topic: The World's Fastest Indian
Next Topic: Jacqui Naylor and Obbligatos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:30:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout