Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Cover your ears
Cover your ears [message #70660] Thu, 29 December 2011 08:20 Go to next message
mixinlady
Baron
How do you tell a loved one that their singing isn't exactly music to your ears? Or do you spare their feelings and not let them know at all?
Re: Cover your ears [message #70683 is a reply to message #70660] Fri, 30 December 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
A friend, who plays every Sunday evening at the open mike I attend, is one of the nicest people I know. Unfortunately, his musical talents aren't the best I've ever heard. His wife, who must love him very much, held a house concert for him at their house and invited her friends. That is true love.

In the interest of domestic peace and tranquility I would not tell him or her, but try to find excuses for them to play less often.
Re: Cover your ears [message #70684 is a reply to message #70683] Fri, 30 December 2011 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This isn't my friend, but this singer's talents are comparable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9DQJg1ZsyQ
Re: Cover your ears [message #70742 is a reply to message #70660] Mon, 02 January 2012 19:18 Go to previous message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Is the loved one trying to be a singer or just singing for fun? I would never tell someone that they stunk! I mean if they were going to go out for Idol I might but I would not for any other reason.
Previous Topic: New Years Eve plans
Next Topic: Scaring Yourself with Sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 18:59:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout