Home » Audio » Home Theater » Thinking about trying the garage
Re: Thinking about trying the garage [message #70021 is a reply to message #70018] Fri, 04 November 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, The cost was about $3500 in materials and it took around 3 months in my spare time (evenings and weekends)to do it. See the attached photos (room1) the current set up is room2. Not quite finished with the layout, but close. The rear wall (not shown) is about 75% open to the dining room which basically makes that the "soft" end of the listening area. The fireplace actually has a LED flat screen for a front so I can figure out what the CD player is doing. The big speakers are Altec Lansing "Magnificent" cabinets (unfortunately no drivers came with them at a local thrift shop) and are now 7 cubic foot vented subs (go to 22 HZ flat). The tall speakers are Martin Logan Vistas. Next to them are a set of Martin Logan Prefaces ( on the TV for sound on the rare occasion I watch anything). The equipment on the shelves are all my own designs and are the prototypes for the Oddwatt line of gear. Turntable is a modified Dual 701 with a Dynavector 10X5 re-tipped with a ruby cantilever by SoundSmith (awesome sounding). The CD is actually an Oppo83SE Blue Ray player (check them out - A list from Stereophile) I understand the new 93 and 95 series are even a little better.

In the old room ( Sad ) Most of the gear is the same but the 55 inch flat screen took over and now runs with a pair of Klipsch KG4 full range speakers I got at the thrift shop.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Home Theatre Placement
Next Topic: Sony Internet TV Player is awesome!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 23:24:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio