Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi and 3 Pi Subwoofer
Re: 4 Pi and 3 Pi Subwoofer [message #69646 is a reply to message #68819] Fri, 30 September 2011 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quiet_Storm is currently offline  Quiet_Storm
Esquire
Making great progress. A little cherry veneer and the 4 pis will be done. Very Happy Thanks for the help along the way Wayne!

I know other people have said this, but holy cow these speakers are huge! I figured 26.5" is around 2' and 2' isn't that big. Boy was I wrong. The depth in particular surprised me. I doubled up the front baffles so that made them an extra 3/4" but even the standard design would be huge. I don't think anyone will enter my apartment without commenting on their size.

I'll have to post some pictures when they're done. Recessing the drivers was definitely the right idea. A little more work (especially the horns), but with a router, a few homemade router jigs, and a dremel for the corners of the horns, it wasn't too bad.

So one last question.. at some point I plan on building some stands for them. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about installing some t-nuts before I veneer them, so I can bolt on the stands later. How have other people done this? Can the 4 pis just sit on the stands or do people bolt them?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message