Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Match Point
Match Point [message #6953] Fri, 07 July 2006 12:40 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Watched Match Point last night and in a word, I thought it was terrible. But I see that others give it 4 stars on Amazon, so you guys go rent it and tell me what you think.

Scarlett Johansson looks great, and she and the rest of the rest of the cast gave good performances. The budget is obviously high enough, but the movie still has the feel of a bad "B" movie to me. There are holes in the plot, in that the characters act unrealistically, forced rather than being developed. The movie ends abruptly, making me wonder if that was done for some kind of "tension" or if they just got tired of filming or editing and just left it at that. Kind of made me think it was trying to be something it wasn't. It definitely wasn't any good, not entertaining, not thrilling, not particularly sexy (except Scarlett Johansson does look good). It just leaves you feeling bad for wasting your time watching the thing.

Re: Match Point [message #6954 is a reply to message #6953] Sun, 09 July 2006 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I saw it in the movies some month ago. I liked it a lot, though I do think, that some of the overwhelming reviews are too much. It's good, not great... I didn't have a problem with the trustworthiness of the characters, considering it was taking place in an English upper class environment. Scarlett is not only drop dead gorgeous, her character is the driving force of the whole plot. Yes, there was some obvious plot holes, btw.

This is the first Allen movie for years, that's received so much PR-backup - a lot of people in my country saw it, I think it's still running in some theaters.

Re: Match Point [message #6957 is a reply to message #6954] Sun, 09 July 2006 07:14 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Woodman is the best. Broadway Danny Rose is still one of the funniest movies ever made.

Previous Topic: Lightning in a Bottle DVD
Next Topic: Mr Roger Waters at Roskilde Festival July 2.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 14:55:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio