Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Best Room in House
Best Room in House [message #69486] Wed, 14 September 2011 13:08 Go to next message
Christy is currently offline  Christy
Chancellor
I am working on recording some of my friends in my house. Nothing big, I am basically just messing around. What rooms have you found to be the best for recording acoustic guitar, vocals, and maybe some keyboard?
Re: Best Room in House [message #69568 is a reply to message #69486] Thu, 22 September 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have a spare bedroom that I like to use. It's carpeted with acoustic foam on the walls so it's not too live. For drums, though, I want more natural reverb, so I use the tiled living room.
Re: Best Room in House [message #70582 is a reply to message #69486] Thu, 22 December 2011 21:15 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Depends on what your using for recoding. For keyboards run them through a direct box. For acoustic guitar if it's acoustic/electric, direct box, or a semi-live room if the guitar's just acoustic. Vocals, I've used semi-live rooms to bathrooms. The good thing about bathrooms is you can very the natural reverb by varying the shower doors with the right mic placement and/or where the vocalist placement is located.

Previous Topic: Extra Cymbals
Next Topic: Sound mixing tips?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 01:28:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout