Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build
Re: 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build [message #69280 is a reply to message #69129] Thu, 01 September 2011 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dutchswan0311 is currently offline  dutchswan0311
Viscount
I have tried to depict the placement of all of the speakers/subs the best that I can in the floor plan below. Below the floor plan is a key to help you understand what you are looking at.

Wayne: When you talk about me using the horned subs as a "distant flanking sub", do you suggest that I use the four Theater F20s on the west wall in conjunction with the stage sound? Would you then recommend a pair of 3pi Subs to accompany the Stage 4pis? If so, what placement do you suggest for the 3pi subs? I was thinking the bottom of the Stage 4pis could be positioned at a height of approximately 5', as that would (in my opinion) provide the best positioning for a standing audience. Would the 3pi subs (if their use is suggested) then be placed under the 4pis at floor level facing the audience? (It seems to me that the 3pi subs would also double as extra multi-subs for the 7.1 surround when playing movies, filling in any nulls created by our being limited to F20 placement. Thoughts?)

Finally; with the plan for our dinner theater and stage sound coming together, it looks like we might end up with 4pi x 5, 1pi x 12, and 3pi Sub x 2. I have two 4pis and four 1pis constructed, so I am probably at least six weeks out from ordering all of the components. How much lead time are you going to need for all of those components?

P.S. I am open to a critique of our plan below from anyone. Everyone's feedback is always appreciated! Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=578&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=577&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message