Home » Audio » General » Hearing Damage
Hearing Damage [message #69257] Wed, 31 August 2011 13:46 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My dad's penchant for listening to music way too loudly is finally catching up to him. I'm sure some of it is age as well, but really, I tried to tell him and he wouldn't listen, and now he needs a hearing aid.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #69263 is a reply to message #69257] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
That is too bad, but I am sure he knew there was a chance of this happening. It must be frustrating to watch though. Sad
Re: Hearing Damage [message #69270 is a reply to message #69263] Thu, 01 September 2011 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
I see a lot of teenagers blasting loud music into their ears all the time. Sometimes when you try to advise them, they'll think that you're just trying to spoil their fun.

I think the authorities should start "Say NO To Loud Music" campaigns to protect our younger generations from hearing loss.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #69276 is a reply to message #69270] Thu, 01 September 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Hearing loss is a sad thing to folks that love music. I find it ironic that by the time we can afford really good gear - or at least can appreciate good music we are on the down slope of the hearing curve. Sad

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Hearing Damage [message #69297 is a reply to message #69276] Fri, 02 September 2011 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moviegeek is currently offline  moviegeek
Chancellor
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 01 September 2011 14:50
Hi Hearing loss is a sad thing to folks that love music. I find it ironic that by the time we can afford really good gear - or at least can appreciate good music we are on the down slope of the hearing curve. Sad

You are talking like hearing loss is something inevitable that can't be prevented. It is totally within a person's control. You just have to ensure that you listen to music properly to protect your eardrums.
Re: Hearing Damage [message #69300 is a reply to message #69257] Fri, 02 September 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Unnecessary damage is preventable for sure, but loss due to aging is a factor with us dinosaurs.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Hearing Damage [message #70508 is a reply to message #69297] Mon, 19 December 2011 02:27 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
To say hearing loss is totally preventable is to not understand the aging process. By the time you are 60, you will have noticeable loss (at least to a hearing professional). By the time you are 80, you will probably be 50% deaf. Even hearing aids will only aid, not restore with that many years.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Black Friday bargains
Next Topic: Friends of ART
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 14:21:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout