Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi
Re: Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi [message #68967 is a reply to message #68925] Wed, 10 August 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
I built the 4 Pi's with the Eminence woofers and drivers, and enjoyed them immensely. I did upgrade some of the xover components- used some Auricaps and Mills resistors- and it made them a little cleaner. How much difference that makes will depend on your amps and sources. Few years later, I came across some 2226's at very good price, and "experimented" with the DE250 drivers...and was very pleasantly surprised by the improvements. Never had any complaints about the Eminence cd's, but the better ones are worth the extra money. There's also some resale value in the used Eminences, as they're solid and used in pro sound.

Bottom line, both models are well worth what they cost, but if you only have money for the Eminence, get 'em and don't drive yourself crazy about it. If your amps and sources are lower-priced as well, you may be fine. If you can't stand it, get a part-time job and save for the better ones! haha Either way, you get an excellent value for your money, especially if you build your own cabs.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi in unusual room
Next Topic: 8 pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 07 05:23:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations