Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Attention Everyone: Post Pictures of your 3pi speaker here (Looking for ideas on customizing the aesthetics of a 3pi build.)
Re: Attention Everyone: Post Pictures of your 3pi speaker here [message #68781 is a reply to message #68780] Fri, 29 July 2011 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I do see one model in Shane's photos that was a modified version of one of my designs. It has a CD horn with sharp edges (probably an Eminence H295) and the cabinet dimensions are nonstandard. However, most of the the speakers I see on Shane's page are stock builds. I think what is confusing is that they are obsolete models.

As an example, I see several Theater Series four π speakers. Those were much larger, approximately 8ft3. They have the more traditional layout, and look like an overgrown three π. One of those is Garland's, which I borrowed the look for my personal three π build.

A few years back, I reduced the numbers of speaker in the line, basically culling out all but those I thought were the best. In some cases, what used to be two different "series" (Studio, Theater, Professional, etc.) are now two different options for the same speaker. The Stage and Professional four π models, for example, are now the standard and upgraded versions of the current line.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message