Home » Audio » Movies & Music » All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris
All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris [message #6836] Sun, 21 May 2006 01:13 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
I couldn't stop playing this cd when I got home tonight. There is just something soothing and comfortable about the songs on it.

The first time I listened to it through my C-26 & MC-2505 I thought the preamp was going sour on me. It seemed like on one song the guitar was distorted. I plugged my cd player directly into the Yamaha M-50 I picked up and it sounded the same so it's the guitar I even switched to my dvd player and it sounded the same.

I've never had a album by or with Emmy Lou Harris on it so I didn't know what to expect. Her vocals are crisp and clear and so is Knopfler's guitar playing.

I hate to recommend something and have someone buy it and feel they wasted their money. So go preview it there if you can. I got it new through Amazon for 10.95 which is a little savings from the local scalpers who don't carry anything not mainstream hip hop or white noise.

Re: All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris [message #6852 is a reply to message #6836] Sun, 21 May 2006 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
May I offer this little bit of perspective? Reviewing a piece of music is a fuzzy proposition at best. All you are expected to do is provide your impression of the CD. People; I think, know that no one has the same taste and even your most trusted reviewer will deviate from your taste at times. So keep offering your reviews. It is easy for people to find a way to hear a little sample of the music if they like your review. Your job as reviewer is to point to some things you think are worth investigating. Then the people make up their own minds.
Thats a nice piece of work that CD of Mark and Emmy; I think it is very worthwhile.
Don't know about the distortion though.

Re: All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris [message #6856 is a reply to message #6852] Sun, 21 May 2006 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Thanks for your input MB. I've listened to it again and I finally can verbalize some of it Her voice is well suited to his guitar style. They compliment one another. This is us is my favorite song so far. Their voices when they sing together took some getting used to. Usually you find people doing duets have voices that blend. Theirs do not to my ears. Not that they don't sound great it's just a different sound than I was used to.

Re: All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris [message #6902 is a reply to message #6856] Fri, 26 May 2006 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sounds good; I need to get up and hear this. Does Amazon have samples up do you know?

Re: All thr Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris [message #6903 is a reply to message #6902] Fri, 26 May 2006 21:37 Go to previous message
Grand Master
TThis should take there. Unless of course I screwed it up again. In which case Wayne will probably fix it for you

Previous Topic: Turtles can fly
Next Topic: " Taking The Long Way"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 15:29:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout