Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Supporting Local Bands
Supporting Local Bands [message #68355] Mon, 27 June 2011 07:48 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
There is so much talent out there these days! We have a few local bands that are just awesome. I feel bad for those who are never "discovered". I think it is because we just don't show them enough support. It is really important that we actually buy their merchandise while at the shows, and also to actually play their CD's and let others hear them.
Re: Supporting Local Bands [message #68357 is a reply to message #68355] Mon, 27 June 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree with you in theory. Unfortunately most of the bands I see here are strictly cover bands and not particularly good; I do enthusiastically support those who do a great job and write original music.
Re: Supporting Local Bands [message #68392 is a reply to message #68355] Thu, 30 June 2011 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I love going to see local bands! If they are good I buy and play their music, but obviously I won't if I think they suck. I'm getting a sizable collection of local CDs though.
Re: Supporting Local Bands [message #68409 is a reply to message #68357] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
Yeah, nobody seems to like "cover" bands. I will have to say, though, that over the weekend I went to a festival that was nothing but cover bands, and I can honestly say they were as good as the real thing - no lie!
Re: Supporting Local Bands [message #68418 is a reply to message #68355] Fri, 01 July 2011 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piccMu51c is currently offline  piccMu51c
Chancellor
I'm generally not a fan of cover bands. I think a band's sound is in their originality. However, there are some groups that work locally with considerable talent that I enjoy and have purchased cds from.
Re: Supporting Local Bands [message #68437 is a reply to message #68355] Sat, 02 July 2011 11:16 Go to previous message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I don't normally go and see local bands. Many are just not that good, or all they do is play other bands music. There is nothing original about them. You know?
Previous Topic: Music for Relaxation and Meditation
Next Topic: Any Audrey Hepburn Fans?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 29 17:57:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout