Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Excited =)
Excited =) [message #68256] Sun, 19 June 2011 11:45 Go to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
Well got a few bucks and am able to order another 2pi and a 1pi kit. This will finish my L/C/R. I can't wait =)
Re: Excited =) [message #68265 is a reply to message #68256] Mon, 20 June 2011 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
Will the L/C/R setup be 2 2 Pi's and 1 1 Pi? They should offer a very coherent soundfield, best of luck on the build.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: Excited =) [message #68266 is a reply to message #68265] Mon, 20 June 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Yes the L/R will be the 2pi studios on stands and the 1pi will be center. Then when I get some more cash 2 more 1pis for surrounds. It is a Home Theatre set up.
Thanks for the well wishes =)
Re: Excited =) [message #68271 is a reply to message #68256] Tue, 21 June 2011 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave_S is currently offline  Dave_S
Chancellor
Having speakers with the same sound quality should be nice.

I may have issue with my current center channel speaker. More testing is needed to see if I just need to turn it off or turn it down. The center channel opening is not big enough for any Pi speaker offering.

BTW, I just registered for Zune Pass and downloaded the software. It should be pretty neat. It beats listening to 10 seconds on Amazon to determine if a song is any good.
Re: Excited =) [message #68348 is a reply to message #68271] Sun, 26 June 2011 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Made allot of progress this weekend. The boxes are assembled and insulated. The baffles are routed except for the offset on the woofers. I am waiting to get the woofers before I route it. Speakers should be here Weds and should be listening to the pre finish speakers this weekend. Now I am REALLY EXCITED =P
Re: Excited =) [message #68376 is a reply to message #68348] Tue, 28 June 2011 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Tomorrow (Weds) probably seems like it will never get here!

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: Excited =) [message #68380 is a reply to message #68376] Wed, 29 June 2011 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Yes, but look it IS Weds now =)
Re: Excited =) [message #68386 is a reply to message #68380] Wed, 29 June 2011 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Did the parts arrive?

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: Excited =) [message #68387 is a reply to message #68386] Wed, 29 June 2011 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Yep finished routing my baffles and fine sanded the ports for a nice tight fit. Tommorow or Fri I will drill press for the "T nuts" and glue on the baffles. Will hopefully have them sanded to a ready to paint by Sat night or Sunday.

I also cut the PVC and have 2 base parts for my speaker stands cut. Will hopefully have them together and ready to paint by Sun also.
Re: Excited =) [message #68482 is a reply to message #68387] Tue, 05 July 2011 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Viscount
Thought I would put up a cpl pics of my speakers. All thats left is final sand and finishing. I am REALLY afraid of painting as I am not that good and would hate to make them look funky at this point. They really sound great and have made my HT come alive.

I will fill the pvc with sand to add additional weight to the stand. Then I will have to find some spikes or something I suppose. The finished height with speaker is 41" this seemed just about right for the listening area.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/02TJ/IMG_2286.jpg
The placement in my room. Can you make any suggestions as to a possible better placement? Should I raise the center some? I have it angled slightly. Gotta love that plasma TV glare =P
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/02TJ/IMG_2289.jpg

I put a sleight round over to all the front edges which really made it nice IMO. I wish it showed better in the pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/02TJ/IMG_2288.jpg

My wife really likes them. She says they are cute and look like little robots LOL. She says she notices a big difference.
Will post finished product when I get around to doing it. I am going to try to put allot of thought into how I want to fianlly do it.
Previous Topic: PI4 Build for home theatre
Next Topic: Any Pi builders in Ireland ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 17:24:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio