Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Spikes for 3 Pi and 7 Pi (Has anyone (else) done this?)
Spikes for 3 Pi and 7 Pi [message #67948] Tue, 31 May 2011 00:20
Psychoacoustic is currently offline  Psychoacoustic
Viscount
G'day Gents,
Bit of an experiment: I've been an archer all my life and had numerous field points and aluminium screw-in inserts on hand. The inserts work very well for mounting the field points in speaker cabinets. Two inserts were epoxy glued into the front corners of the 7 Pi cabs and a single insert went into the rear corner point. I used the largest (longest) points I had which are 140 grain weight and they are about an inch long. The 140g point raises the speakers approx. an inch from the floor. Due to the large diameter of these points, they are do not effect the stability of the speakers. Was very quick and easy- the most difficult part was wrangling the large cabs onto their sides.
Honestly, I can't provide even a subjective opinion on whether the spikes made a difference or not; however they most certainly don't sound worse! If pressed, I'd suggest the bass is marginally tighter, but as my user name suggests, 'psychoacoustic' phenomena may be present.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the theory behind incorporating spikes for 7 Pi?
Also, I'm thinking to give the two 3 Pi subwoofers the same treatment. Any opinions?
Previous Topic: So how does this all work then..?
Next Topic: Plans and question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 10:43:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout