Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My thoughts on my 2pi.
My thoughts on my 2pi. [message #67779] Sat, 21 May 2011 20:41 Go to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
Well I couldn't take it and put it all together (whats 2-3hrs =P)

I only built one for a center channel right now with 2pi towers coming hopefully at the end of the year. Music sounds good but can't really judge as it is a center channel.
TV is now very listenable. Voices were very muddled and lacking on the other center. Now they are crisp and clean. I haven't ran Audessy yet so I am unsure of what it will change the values to. I have it set with a cut off at 60hz. Is that a reasonable point?

I am very pleased with the sound of this speaker and the ease of build.
Thank you Wayne for offering such a quality product that really met my needs.
Phil
Re: My thoughts on my 2pi. [message #67783 is a reply to message #67779] Sat, 21 May 2011 23:40 Go to previous message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
Just finished watching a movie. with my system before I was always VERY frustrated with voices. Everything about my home theatre sounds better now. It is like watching movies on a whole new system and its only 1 speaker. I cannot imagine what it will be like with towers and 1pi surrounds.
Very impressed.
My wife this whole time didn't understand why I wanted to build this speaker. She thought everything sounded good as it is. Well the story has changed now =P She is VERY satisfied with how the new speaker sounds and agrees that it just makes everything sound right.
Previous Topic: 2pi question
Next Topic: 3pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 17:12:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout