Home » Audio » Home Theater » New family room
New family room [message #67595] Thu, 12 May 2011 21:19 Go to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
We decided to convert our old office into a family room. It is about 11 x 10 sq ft. We were thinking about getting a home theater system. However, my husband is thinking about hooking things up to his audio system which needs new speakers. I am completely clueless about everything audio and stuff. What do you guys think? Does this make sense? I thought it would be better to just get a nice home theater system.
Re: New family room [message #67597 is a reply to message #67595] Thu, 12 May 2011 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

In my opinion, the best home theaters are those that are built with high-quality audio gear, usually made for critical listening. The home theater systems sold at big-box retail stores are really bad, if you asked me. Little bitty mains and a single sub. Probably the worst thing you could do. As if it couldn't get any worse - hang on, it does - many use a center channel with horizontally arrayed drivers. OK, now that's the worse thing you could do.

Re: New family room [message #67740 is a reply to message #67595] Thu, 19 May 2011 11:13 Go to previous message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I guess I will have to just let my husband do his thing. After all I have no idea what is best. I just hate when he spends tons of money on stuff I don't understand.
Previous Topic: Does size really matter?
Next Topic: Volume Changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 05:21:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout