Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What's your favorite genre?
What's your favorite genre? [message #67399] Tue, 03 May 2011 18:48 Go to next message
BigBoom is currently offline  BigBoom
Chancellor
For me, it really depends on my mood. I enjoy everything from horror to musicals. Do you have a favorite genre to watch? Why is it your favorite?
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #67426 is a reply to message #67399] Wed, 04 May 2011 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
I like action movies the most because they really get and keep your attention if they are good. I think my favorite is the Bourne series with Matt Damon.
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #67606 is a reply to message #67399] Fri, 13 May 2011 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
My favorite genre by far is the paranormal and horror. However, I am willing to see just about anything. As a family, we are movie buffs, and like everything.
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #67809 is a reply to message #67399] Mon, 23 May 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forest is currently offline  Forest
Chancellor
Comedy is my favorite genre for sure. It has to be the right style to get me to laugh though. I get disappointed when I go to see something that looks funny and it turns out to be brainless humor. I love the slow build up and execution of movies like Rat Race. Does anybody have any suggestions of any other movies like that?
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #68025 is a reply to message #67809] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Rat Race was a good movie. I don't know that I can really name any others that are similar, but I prefer comedy over adventure movies. I know, pretty lame, huh? I would rather just sit there and laugh - the others are too much to follow....
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #68692 is a reply to message #67809] Sat, 23 July 2011 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Comedy is my favorite, too. I really don't want to spend a lot of time "thinking" while watching a drama. I used to love horror, but I'm getting the feeling that it's all been done before. There is nothing new and exciting in the scary movies anymore.
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #68695 is a reply to message #67399] Sat, 23 July 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
I'll watch pretty much anything, but something that'll keep my attention of course. I do like movies that make you think, especially when they have hidden meanings, twisted plots, etc. I find it interesting. For just a regular fun movie it's fine though, there's a time for everything. Artsy films can be cool too.
Re: What's your favorite genre? [message #68948 is a reply to message #67399] Tue, 09 August 2011 17:17 Go to previous message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
Godzilla, godzilla, and godzilla! I love rubber monsters and all those crazy convoluted bizarre Japanese subplots that really make the daikaiju genre awesome! Rubber monster TV shows, too!
Previous Topic: Movies on Demand
Next Topic: What determines how we perceive different types of music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 22:18:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio