Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Zabriskie Point
Zabriskie Point [message #6746] Thu, 04 May 2006 07:38 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Watched that movie again last night. Great stuff.

Re: Zabriskie Point [message #6747 is a reply to message #6746] Thu, 04 May 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What's it about? I'd do a quick search on Amazon, but I have my hands full getting ready for GPAF...

Re: Zabriskie Point [message #6748 is a reply to message #6747] Thu, 04 May 2006 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This guy meets a girl who works for a land developer living in the desert in CA. They get acquainted then do all kinds of 60's counterculture stuff; eventually blowing up the land developers house in a spectacular surprise piece of work.
The plot and dialogue is strained and somewhat simplistic and wooden but the cinematography and the soundtrack as well as the actors,( who were rank amatuers and as far as I know never played in another movie); were absolutely great to watch. And the soundtrack is done by Pink Floyd with help from the Dead and Youngbloods and others of similar accomplishment.
Not the Godfather but definately a step above much of what passes for movies we see now in terms of holding your interest and not formulaic, dull, repetitive and cliche'. It was Michealangelo Antoinini's first film and Sam Shepard wrote much of the script.
At least thats how I see it.

Re: Zabriskie Point [message #6749 is a reply to message #6748] Thu, 04 May 2006 14:01 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have to check it out.

Previous Topic: Hey Damir
Next Topic: GPAF; any new music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 18:19:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout