Home » Audio » General » Wireless TV Listening Headphones
Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #67266] Thu, 28 April 2011 02:39 Go to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
Has anyone tried a personal TV amplifier? My mom uses one and she really likes it. I'm not hard of hearing, but my wife and I are forced to have different sleeping schedules pretty often. I'm thinking getting one of these might be nice, so I could watch TV in our bedroom at a normal volume while she's sleeping.
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #67282 is a reply to message #67266] Thu, 28 April 2011 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I used a pair of the wireless Sony headphones for about year when I was with my ex-husband. I need to have TV time before going to sleep. I LOVED them. I don't need them any longer, but still have them around.
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #67365 is a reply to message #67266] Mon, 02 May 2011 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
My dad also uses a pair especially because otherwise he would just not able to hear anything else? He doesn't want to admit that he has hearing problems. Therefore, we just told him that the sounds is so much better with this headphones. Smile
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #67375 is a reply to message #67266] Tue, 03 May 2011 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
iDummy, I'm also the type that really likes some TV time before going to bed. A half hour or hour of whatever is on seems to really help me relax.

That's funny Roxie, because my dad is also gradually becoming hard of hearing. Maybe I will get a couple pairs for both of us!
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #67505 is a reply to message #67375] Mon, 09 May 2011 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I just can't imagine wearing headphones while watching TV. If it's absolutely too loud, just leave the room or close the door, that's all I can say!
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #68031 is a reply to message #67266] Fri, 03 June 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piccMu51c is currently offline  piccMu51c
Chancellor
I've never encountered these but it sounds similar to a friends wireless headphones/headset he uses with his xbox so as not annoy anyone with obnoxious gunfire and such in the other room.
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #68034 is a reply to message #67266] Fri, 03 June 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't use them, but my husband says at his gym, the television has an FM transmitter so he can pick up the sound on his FM-capable mp3 player.
Re: Wireless TV Listening Headphones [message #68765 is a reply to message #67266] Wed, 27 July 2011 22:13 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I don't think I would want to watch TV with headphones. The TV is what you listen to and why everyone else needs headphones for their gadgets - so as not to disturb the TV watchers.
Previous Topic: Time to set up the new room!
Next Topic: Houston Audio Society - August Activities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 16:16:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout