Home » Audio » Radio » XM vs Sirius
XM vs Sirius [message #66974] Sun, 10 April 2011 12:11 Go to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Even though I am not particularly found of radio any more, my husband would like satellite radio for father's day. I was wondering what is the main difference between XM and Sirius. Do they both carry the same channels? Which is cheaper?
Re: XM vs Sirius [message #67084 is a reply to message #66974] Sat, 16 April 2011 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I think they are both mainly the same. The prices vary only a couple of bucks a month from one to the other. They both have equipment that are not expensive at all. I have heard that Sirus has better reviews, but I personally hasn't had experience with either of them.
Re: XM vs Sirius [message #67982 is a reply to message #66974] Wed, 01 June 2011 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forest is currently offline  Forest
Chancellor
I have thought about going to satellite radio a few times but don't like the idea of paying for it. Are either XM or Sirus a paid per month subscription? How does that work?
Re: XM vs Sirius [message #68101 is a reply to message #66974] Wed, 08 June 2011 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolene is currently offline  Jolene
Chancellor
I used XM radio for about a year. I found it like cable TV. I listened to only 6 of the 100's of stations.

I really prefer pandora as a radio service because it is more interactive. I can tell it to never play a song again. That is fantastic! I am also exposed to songs I would probably never choose for myself. That is how I came to enjoy the Killers, for example.
Re: XM vs Sirius [message #68461 is a reply to message #66974] Sun, 03 July 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogent is currently offline  cogent
Chancellor
I don't think satellite radio is worth the money. We got a free month when we bought our new car and it was not interesting. But if your husband wants go ahead it get it. I think Sirius and XM merged. I guess, it is good for professional sports.
Re: XM vs Sirius [message #70429 is a reply to message #66974] Thu, 08 December 2011 16:23 Go to previous message
Express is currently offline  Express
Chancellor
I love my XM radio. If I remember correctly, both are owned by the same company now so there shouldn't be much of a difference. I believe the channels are basically the same. The price is reasonable to me because I am in the car a lot.
Previous Topic: Radio stations in languages other than English
Next Topic: The right crowds for the music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 05:32:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout