Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question
Re: 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question [message #66950 is a reply to message #66945] Fri, 08 April 2011 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll send plans, so check your mail.

Of course I'm biased but I don't think the Best Buy speakers you're talking about are even in the same ballpark as these.

That amplifier has plenty of power, and I think it will work well for you. I haven't listened to any recent Yamaha stereo or home theater receiver/amps, but I used to be quite fond of their late 1970s and early 1980s gear. I owned a 50 watt Yamaha receiver and an 80 watt receiver, and was very happy with both of them. They were clean and powerful, and never gave me any trouble.

I was impressed with their attention to detail. As an example, the amplifier was just below clipping when the input signal was the full 0.775v and volume knob was twisted completely clockwise. Most gear is at clipping somewhere around one-half to three-quarters, but Yamaha took the time to set this level. No big deal technically, just a couple 2ยข resistors. But the point was they took the trouble of setting the levels so full volume was reached at the same time that the knob was twisted full, preventing the system from clipping.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Three Pi & Four Pi Plans
Next Topic: 3-Pi Speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 16:55:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations