Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question
4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question [message #66945] Fri, 08 April 2011 20:10 Go to previous message
Dave_S is currently offline  Dave_S
Chancellor
I would like to get a copy of the 4 Pi speaker plans plus the 3 Pi subwoofer plans. My intention is to start out building the speakers and would consider the subwoofer(s) at a later time.

How big of a difference would a different amplifier for my system make? I currently have an average Yamaha home theater receiver with 100 watts per channel. I am traveling, so I don't have the exact model number. My receiver has pre-amp outputs that I can use. If the recommendation is for a different amp, are there any recommendations of one that would go with my receiver?

As far as speakers, I am not too sure what to look for. If one reads rating of speakers online, most people love the speakers that they bought. I do not have any high end audio stores around me, so Best Buy is my only store for reference. In listening to speakers at Best Buy, even the $1000 a piece speakers did not impress me. My current speakers consist of Polk speakers and they are "acceptable". I ended up choosing Polk speakers for my center channel speaker and surround speakers. When I bought my Polk main speakers several years ago, I listened to Klipsch Chorus II speakers and they were the only speakers that I considered really well. Since they were too expensive, I went for the Polks. I have never spent much time listening to speakers. So to my ears, I have only heard one set of nice speakers in my life. It is a little hard to sort out what part of the sound was from the speaker, from the amp, or from my idealized memory of several years ago. I came across the Pi speakers doing a search for Klipsch designs.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Three Pi & Four Pi Plans
Next Topic: 3-Pi Speaker plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 16:51:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations