Home » Audio » General » Audio books
Audio books [message #66921] Wed, 06 April 2011 04:46 Go to next message
miss zoey
Baron
What is your take on audio books? Personally I'd really want to be able to listen to them but I get too easily distracted. The only place I could probably pay attention to an audio book is if you left me in a room with just a chair and white walls. I find it hard concentrating with audio books because my mind tends to drift away especially when I see something more interesting.
Re: Audio books [message #66922 is a reply to message #66921] Wed, 06 April 2011 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I sometimes like to listen to them in the car on long trips.

Re: Audio books [message #66930 is a reply to message #66921] Wed, 06 April 2011 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I like the idea, but haven't found anything of value to listen to. The sound quality would require lossless too or the sound could be grating and distracting. I like books more than audiobooks, TBH and I can listen to music and read at the same time.

Re: Audio books [message #66942 is a reply to message #66921] Thu, 07 April 2011 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I really love audio books. There are some that are better produced than others, but in general, I found that the sound is really good. I have regular books, ebooks and audiobooks. They all have a place in my life.
Re: Audio books [message #66973 is a reply to message #66921] Sun, 10 April 2011 12:03 Go to previous message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
I have never been more of a reader, however, I think I should give audiobooks a chance. Maybe they will get me more into reading. I wonder if the prices are affordable.
Previous Topic: Audio file format
Next Topic: Skullcandy?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 23:57:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout