Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 4 Owners: How Big is your "space"
Re: Pi 4 Owners: How Big is your "space" [message #66312 is a reply to message #66291] Fri, 25 February 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
EL Jack is currently offline  EL Jack
Esquire
I have the same size room (although mine is a loft and therefore a bigger space acoustically).

As fans of Audio Asylum know, it was my posting there about wanting speakers to play Mahler and Bruckner that eventually led me to the Pi 4.

The exact problem with my other speakers was that they would sound great at low and moderate volumes, but congest and compress the sound at the tuttis of big symphonic works.

There is no compression or congestion in the mid-bass with the Pi 4s. They will easily do 100+ decibels on 10 tube watts.

They don't overload the room and the 15-inch woofers are very delicate when the sound is soft, if that's your concern.

I just listened to the Bruno Walter Bruckner 9 this weekend, and it confirmed that I made the right move with these speakers.

I've heard too many great speakers to say these are "flawless" but they are certainly a fantastic deal and they do the big orchestral stuff better through the midbass than the last pair of Wilson Sashas that I listened to.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where's the best tweeter position? Aesthetically, too?
Next Topic: matching 3pi subwoofer with a high sensitivity speaker like the 4Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 11:19:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout