Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Request plans and Klipschorn question
Request plans and Klipschorn question [message #66135] Wed, 16 February 2011 00:03 Go to previous message
sspeak is currently offline  sspeak
Esquire
Hi,

Can you please send me plans for the 7 pi?

Also, as an alternative I was thinking about using the midhorn and tweeter on top of a Klipschorn. The bass horn response is quite good except in the problem region 200-400 Hz roughly, a well-known issue. I see early posts (2004) on this forum about using your horns with the Klipschorn bass horn but not much followup. I did see one post on the Klipsch forum using your midhorn in a Klipsch Belle type of build, but little else. Anyways, can you tell me

1. has this been tried (successfully) with digital crossover and time alignment? What are the known or likely issues?

2. I built "false corners" since exact corner placement of the Klipschorn was not possible. But I am quite satisfied with the low bass response (below 200 Hz). Would your midhorn on top the Klipschorn bass horn lose much pattern control in this case, and how big an issue is it?

3. should the Klipschorn bass horn be rolled off something like 12db/octave at 200 Hz and the midhorn rolled off acoustically, which I think you do with the 7 pi?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Request...plans
Next Topic: Where's the best tweeter position? Aesthetically, too?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 22:25:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio