Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Old Classics
Old Classics [message #65663] Wed, 12 January 2011 07:52 Go to next message
JessieF88 is currently offline  JessieF88
Esquire
I've always been a modern movie girl at heart, but there are one or two old classics that I am particularly fond of. My absolute favourite 'old classic' movie is 'My Fair Lady'. I love everything from the music, to the way Audrey Hepburn all of a sudden slips from cockney rhyming slang to a well spoken English lady.

Does anyone else have a secret love for old classics here?
Re: Old Classics [message #65694 is a reply to message #65663] Sat, 15 January 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Even though it has been shown over and over, my favorite classic is The Sound of Music. I guess they show it now once or twice a year, though I don't always watch because I have it on VHS and DVD. When my husband and I were first dating he told me he would never watch a musical. So I finally convinced him to watch The Sound of Music with me and he finally found a musical he enjoyed.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Old Classics [message #66033 is a reply to message #65663] Mon, 07 February 2011 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I used to like watching Carousel when I grew up. Now, for some reason, I just can't focus on this type of movie anymore. Or maybe I burned myself out on it...
Re: Old Classics [message #66067 is a reply to message #65663] Wed, 09 February 2011 20:53 Go to previous message
PopcornAlley is currently offline  PopcornAlley
Chancellor
Old Classics are spoken here! The question is where to begin. For movie classics some of my personal favorites are The Maltese Falcon, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, How to Suceed in Business Without Really Trying, and every classic James Bond movie. For a favorite musical, I would watch The Music Man everytime.
Previous Topic: Forrest Gump
Next Topic: Netflix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 01:08:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout