Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Listen To Your Wife The Man Says/ Review for this week.
Listen To Your Wife The Man Says/ Review for this week. [message #6576] Sat, 18 March 2006 18:30 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
This one is for the better half. I played all her fav's this week in response to MWG's excellent advice.

Old And In The Way-Mix of Guys; Garcia/David Grisman/Vassar Clements/Peter Rowan. With songs like Panama Red, Wild Horses, Midnight Moonlight played by some great roots musicians you have a Blue Grass Album that is really a monument to guys who love this music and it shows in the playing.

James Taylor-Sweet Baby James. Fire and Rain; Country Road and Jim's real mellow real nice voice. Carol King on Piano

Eric Andersen-Blue River. Not my favorite singer but the songs are well written and the backing muscicians include..Joni Mitchell and Laverne Moore. Not simple-minded tunes but clever and mature lyrics.

Song Bird- Jesse Colin Young. Now this is a good piece of work. The title tune as well as Sugar Babe; Before You Came,( which is really a good poem about the native american experience put to music.) Nothin sappy or sweet here except his voice which is one of a kind and real appropriate when you need it. The arrangements are wide and spacious with lots of instrumentation used tastefully; including Bassoon.

On Stage-Loggins And Messina. Yep; the live album with the 17 min version of Vahevela. The best Angry Eyes and House on Pooh Corner. Real infectious stuff done with enthusiasm and grace.

Blue-Joni Mitchell; what is there to say? I think Epstein did a great review of this album and I can't top it.

Trick Of The Tail- Genesis. One of their more commercial ventures but still thats saying a lot with that crew. I once drove to Key West with my sweetie and this was the only tape in the car and we never got tired of listening.

24 Nights- Eric Clapton. Live and in your face; here's the players from side two;..Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughn,..Chuck Leavell and more. BTW the song; Wonderfull Tonight was our wedding song; Record Two Side three. Aww shucks..

Crosby Stills and Nash-Crosby Stills and Nash. Thats the one and only and the only eight track she ever actually wore out. Still a work of art never been topped in that genre'

Hot Tuna-Double Dose; she likes live albums and this is a doosey. All the great songs are there and Jorma sings and Casady plays bass. She loves the songs Genesis and Watch The North Wind Rise.

Bonnie Raitt-Lets Give Them Something To Talk About. The LIve album; I'm not sure if thats actually the name but I put it back and now I can't find it. Great songs; Angels From Montgomery is my favorite.

Neil Young-After THe Gold Rush/Harvest/she loves them all and I can't say as I blame her. Neil is the Man now; who else is there?

Re: Listen To Your Wife The Man Says/ Review for this week. [message #6577 is a reply to message #6576] Sat, 18 March 2006 19:13 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
If you like Angel from Montgomery then get John Prine's first album. He wrote that song and is one of the better writers out there.
I have three of Bonnie's albums and all are good. She sings well and plays a decent slide guitar.

Previous Topic: Listen to your wife
Next Topic: South By Southwest Music Festival
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 05:36:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout