Home » Audio » General » MP3 Player and Computer Software
MP3 Player and Computer Software [message #65689] Fri, 14 January 2011 11:09 Go to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I have a Sansa Fuze 8gb MP3 player. For the size player that it is, it has great features and includes radio, slot radio, video, etc. My issue is that SanDisk doesn't provide a good software manager for its MP3 players. I use Windows Media Player to transfer songs to the MP3 from my computer. But managing playlists on this MP3 is cumbersome, and I can't accomplish this using Media Player either.

Can anyone recommend an MP3 player that is easy to use for management of your music and data? Is there a computer software product available that is in sync with the player so that I can manage the data on the MP3 from my computer as well?

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: MP3 Player and Computer Software [message #65691 is a reply to message #65689] Fri, 14 January 2011 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I would try winamp. They have a ton of add-ons already built in to handle this kind of thing. It has a bit of a learning curve though.

I'm basically a winamp expert, so just ask if you want to know how to do something.

Remember to right-click and make sure the "media library" is open to work with your player.

It is highly likely someone has built a plugin for that specific device if the software included is not full featured as well.

You just need to download the free full version of winamp. If it doesn't work (it will but play along) then look at winamp.com for the specific plugin because it WILL exist if the standard plugs don't.

Re: MP3 Player and Computer Software [message #65862 is a reply to message #65691] Thu, 27 January 2011 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded WinAmp and was able to delete some playlists off the MP3 player that I could not accomplish with any other PC software product before. It was pretty tedious trying to delete the playlists off the MP3 player itself.

I agree about the learning curve with WinAmp. It might take awhile. I'm glad you are a resource should I need help. Sometimes the documentation for these products don't go into the depth I need.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: MP3 Player and Computer Software [message #65869 is a reply to message #65862] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:52 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I need to write my "tuning guide" to winamp anyway. Check back or ask later about it so that I end up writing it and getting it published on my site.

Previous Topic: Capacitors Do Matter
Next Topic: Quality mp3 player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 13:40:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout