Home » Audio » General » Use memory card instead of CDs?
Use memory card instead of CDs? [message #65633] Sat, 08 January 2011 09:52
tuna is currently offline  tuna
Esquire
The CD multi-/5-disc changer in my 2006 Hyundai Sonata is jammed (or otherwise not working). I had been playing sets of 5 CDs with MP3 songs; you can get about 90+ songs per disc; pretty handy.... Anyway, rather than mess around with a repair that may not last or the expense of a new music assembly, I'd like to disconnect the CD player entirely, and splice in a memory card reader - something like an SD card reader on an extension cord. This could conveniently lie on the car's console.

While I have an Apple Nano, and could get something to play this through my car's sound system (e.g., FM wireless transmitter, or maybe even a direct connection/port installed) I really don't want to fool with such a small device while crusing down the highway at 75 mph, or have to worry about hiding that iPod each time I get out of my car. I'd really much prefer using the existing audio controls on the dash of the car and steering wheel.

I'm pretty sure I've seen small MP3 players that use memory cards. So, I if I could disconnect the car's CD player and find the proper connections, could I attach (splice in) a memory card reader, and continue to use the car's audio controls as if I were playing a CD? If so, how difficult would this be, and where/how can I identify the correct connections to make? Thanks.
Previous Topic: Video games
Next Topic: Highest Quality Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 09:02:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout