Home » Audio » General » What's the Verdict on the iPad?
Re: What's the Verdict on the iPad? [message #65307 is a reply to message #64794] Thu, 16 December 2010 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
udailey
Chancellor
We absolutely love ours. We sit in bed and watch Survivor or Modern Family on it. Wife uses it for email and Facebook. Suppose I would to but I just cant get into Facebook. Have ticked off several friends because I dont use it anymore.
Anyway, I use the IPAD for a real time analyzer, decibel meter, tower defense games to pass the time, as well as my favorite application which is as a remote control for VLC Media Player. I run VLC on my laptop. Put the laptop near the system and plug USB to my DAC. Sit on the couch and browse all 496GB of songs on my USB drive that is attached to the laptop via a IPAD app called VLC Remote. I can then play any tune, adjust volume, rewind FF Pause (all the CDP type functions)browse to a new song, create a playlist, etc.. And this all happens instantly. There is zero lag and I love it.
Also, we have two young children. The oldest, 4, can use it on long trips to play little educational games or watch movies.
With 3G it acts as a GPS and gets us where we are going. We leave the house and THEN look for restaurants to go to and once we find one we then search for coupons for it. Smile Love that little thing.
Uriah

If you would like to build a Lighter Note or Lightspeed please see www.buildanamp.com for LDRs and kits.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What's on your iPod ?
Next Topic: OT: Good-bye PC, Hello iMac!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 06:13:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio