Home » Audio » General » What's on your iPod ?
What's on your iPod ? [message #64668] Sat, 13 November 2010 02:34 Go to next message
Joelle is currently offline  Joelle
Chancellor
My 26 year old daughter bought me an iPod two years ago which I thought I wouldn't use much as I just love listening to the radio. She was so excited as she explained to me that I could store endless thousands of songs on my iPod but that didn't really turn my pages .....

A few months later (and because I saw my daughter's beady eyes lighting on my unused iPod) I learned to download radio podcasts and now I have about 8000 tracks on my iPod most of it voice radio podcasts and some of it music.

What's on your iPod ?

Joelle
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #64720 is a reply to message #64668] Mon, 15 November 2010 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
I have had several iPods. Right now I am up to 16,000 songs and about 100 audiobooks. There is a very eclectic collection of music. You may find anything from country to contemporary Christian and from classical to world folklore music.
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #64735 is a reply to message #64720] Wed, 17 November 2010 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Hi Clueless - Now there's a thought - more than one iPod ! I could have one for books, one for my favourite podcasts, one for music and one for language learning/teaching. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Joelle
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #64787 is a reply to message #64668] Sun, 21 November 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well I don't have an iPod, but on my little Sansa mp3 player, I have mostly rock & pop, with a dash of hip hop thrown in.
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #64823 is a reply to message #64668] Mon, 22 November 2010 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
compguy is currently offline  compguy
Chancellor
Don't have an iPod but my 11 year old son tells me he is going to get one. I guess $10/month goes further than I thought. The good thing about it though, he doesn't have enough music to fill 1/4 of it, so it should work for years to come.
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #64825 is a reply to message #64823] Tue, 23 November 2010 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Hi compguy - don't be too sanguine about your son not filling it up quickly - my daughter filled hers within a month! She copied music from friends and she downloaded tracks.

Joelle
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #65126 is a reply to message #64668] Thu, 02 December 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
I have tons of music on my iPod, from country to rock. I like to listen to all kinds of music so I download all kinds on my iPod. I don't have movies or books.
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #65139 is a reply to message #64668] Fri, 03 December 2010 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jane66 is currently offline  jane66
Chancellor
Wow ! That's a lot. I have only about 200 songs and three audio books on my iPod. My daughter, however, is 13 years old and has already completely filled her's up. I have to buy her a second one now for Christmas. Not sure how many songs she has, but it must be a lot as well.
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #65140 is a reply to message #64668] Fri, 03 December 2010 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
Joelle, I have several iPods because I outgrew the 2nd generation as well as the 3rd generation.

I gave away those two. Right now, I have a 5th generation and a nano. I used to have an iPhone, but it got stolen, and my husband bought me a Nexus One.

It isn't that I need to have tons. It is just that music and books are my thing. I don't spend money on hair, nails, clothes, or going to movies. I am now waiting patiently for the second generation of iPad. I think that will be my last. Very Happy
Re: What's on your iPod ? [message #65204 is a reply to message #64668] Wed, 08 December 2010 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I've only had two iPods so far, but they've really been the most reliable music players I've ever had. The first one I had only broke because I decided that it would be perfectly fine playing in the pocket of my jacket while it was raining! Bad idea.

Anyway, I sadly don't have as much on my iPod as I wish. I think I only have have about 200 songs total though I'm always looking for new songs to like. It tends to change depending on my mood.

I haven't tried podcasts yet, though I know that they are very popular. Same for E-books, though I can't imagine reading it on such a small screen.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Previous Topic: Memory
Next Topic: What's the Verdict on the iPad?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 18:27:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio