Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Hard of hearing
Hard of hearing [message #65030] Tue, 30 November 2010 17:52 Go to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
My dad is very hard of hearing but he also has a problem if the sound is coming from all over the room. What can we do in his living room so he can hear better?

It's a big living room so there is a lot of places to put speakers.
Re: Hard of hearing [message #65111 is a reply to message #65030] Thu, 02 December 2010 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Boost 200-2700hz frequencies aggressively.

Read up on the vowel formants and which frequencies they accompany. This is usually the problem when someone doesn't understand what peopel are saying more than a total hearing loss problem.

Re: Hard of hearing [message #65135 is a reply to message #65030] Fri, 03 December 2010 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NoDirections is currently offline  NoDirections
Chancellor
That's pretty awesome that you know that answer off the top of your head, Adveser! I would add that if he has a problem with sound coming from everywhere, to just keep the speakers up front if it works better for him.
Re: Hard of hearing [message #65137 is a reply to message #65135] Fri, 03 December 2010 11:42 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I would also look at the room itself. Are there a lot of hard surfaces that sound can bounce off of? Lots of reverb can make it harder for anyone to understand speech.
Previous Topic: If you have a bad ear...
Next Topic: position is everything
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 10:40:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout