Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Car Audio Kits
Car Audio Kits [message #64858] Tue, 23 November 2010 19:50 Go to next message
NoDirections is currently offline  NoDirections
Chancellor
I've seen a few "kits" out there for car audio setups. They include subs, mids, and heights for a discounted price, but I suspect it's because they aren't very high quality. Would you go for one of these, or do you like to cherry-pick the components of your set?
Re: Car Audio Kits [message #64864 is a reply to message #64858] Tue, 23 November 2010 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It doesn't make very much difference when there is a 100db motor running a few feet away from you too. Get something that will mask how noisy the cars is. The wattage is the most important aspect and at the very least an all-in one solution makes things like impedance take care of themselves.

I mean well Very Happy sorry for the snobbery.

Re: Car Audio Kits [message #64894 is a reply to message #64864] Thu, 25 November 2010 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NoDirections is currently offline  NoDirections
Chancellor
Lol, thanks. Honestly, I'm fortunate enough to have a car that isn't "that" noisy, and I'll also have times where I'm listening to music with the engine not running. I still enjoy good sound quality "on the go," as it were, but I can't exactly wear sound-cancelling headphones while driving.
Re: Car Audio Kits [message #64901 is a reply to message #64858] Thu, 25 November 2010 21:49 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't have anything specific because I only listen to talk radio in the car. I would suggest whatever has the most options for EQ and tone control in a car to start out with. I am not one of those people that thinks the speakers are the most critical part of an audio setup. I would consider something that has a lot of midrange presence in a speaker. I don't wanna pick on the car audio people, but I hear a whole lot of sizzle and a whole lot of thump and not much in between whenever I've ridden with someone that bought a system. Personally, If I had to replace a car audio system I would go with full range drivers and EQ to taste.

Previous Topic: Side-to-side or Back-to-front?
Next Topic: Old Valve Radios as Speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 05:21:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio