Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Transfer Media to Computer (Save VHS Movies to Computer?)
Transfer Media to Computer [message #64612] Sun, 07 November 2010 21:09 Go to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Back in 1995 my sister and I decided to have a family memoir created with still family pictures displayed with music playing in the background. It was created for us by an individual that I no longer have contact with. I am wondering if it would be possible to transfer this VHS (and other items recorded some time back)to my computer so that I might create a DVD of it? Are there transfer USB cables available for connecting between the VHS player and my computer? If so, what type of software would I need to be able to transfer the VHS content to my computer?

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Transfer Media to Computer [message #64614 is a reply to message #64612] Mon, 08 November 2010 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Use your PC for video capture. There are hardware/software and software only products available. If your video card doesn't have composite video inputs, you'll need a hardware/software solution. Products are available that connect with USB, others are replacement video boards that include composite video input.

Re: Transfer Media to Computer [message #64622 is a reply to message #64614] Mon, 08 November 2010 22:12 Go to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Thanks for your input and the link Wayne. You have helped me understand a little more about this. I have Windows Media Player, so my assumption is that I will be able to use this to capture the video. I also have Windows Movie Maker, though I have not ever looked at it. I now have an excuse to see what it can do as well. My hardware says I have a 'Legacy video capture device', so I think I am good to go. All I gotta do is try it. Thanks!

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Previous Topic: painting MDF
Next Topic: Garman's Smith horn build pictures?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 16:34:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio