Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Eat, pray, love
Eat, pray, love [message #63826] Wed, 11 August 2010 08:08 Go to next message
Frontrowticket is currently offline  Frontrowticket
Chancellor
I know this is probably going to be marketed as a chick flick but such things don't get in my way. I am going to see it and enjoy every moment. I have alresdy read the book. Anyone else going to see Eat Pray Love?
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64000 is a reply to message #63826] Tue, 07 September 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa Parham is currently offline  Melissa Parham
Chancellor
I think I must read the book , the movie was very good!! When I found out Javier Bardem was in it, I had to see it, he is pretty dreamy.................................... Rolling Eyes
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64044 is a reply to message #64000] Sat, 18 September 2010 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
I think it's always a gamble when a very good book is made into a movie. In this case it seems to have paid off. I haven't seen the film yet but the book is great and all my friends who have read the book first are pleased with the adaptation.
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64059 is a reply to message #63826] Mon, 20 September 2010 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Um, no - I was told it was exactly that - a chick flick. Of course, it would work for a date movie, I guess.... Anything to make her happy, right?
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64067 is a reply to message #63826] Mon, 20 September 2010 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigMacAndCheese is currently offline  BigMacAndCheese
Baron
I think it's a pity when a film is labelled as 'one for the guys' or 'chick flick' as most times they are interesting to everyone. Definitely good for a date though. Most men go to the theater with women anyhow - don't you find?
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64118 is a reply to message #63826] Mon, 27 September 2010 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
I definitely am going. I'm one of the biggest fans of Julia Roberts so I'm sure I'm gonna like the movie. I haven't read the book but the synopsis and it sure is interesting
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64129 is a reply to message #64118] Wed, 29 September 2010 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
Definitely a girl thing. I didn't watch it Smile Well, maybe I'll buy the DVD later as a gift to my wife (who's not a big fan of movie watching).

But don't get me wrong. I think the plot (based on the novel) is cool. It's just that I wish they got someone other than Julia Roberts. Many say the same thing and I feel vindicated by that.

Maybe they should have engaged Charlize Theron instead?
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64133 is a reply to message #64129] Wed, 29 September 2010 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
Jazzlover you are very right! I saw the movie yesterday and Julia Roberts is ... well Julia Roberts! She only seems to be able to play a character one way, rather like Hugh Grant in that respect. Not sure who I'd have cast should I have been in that exalted position! (Still a good film though.)
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #64269 is a reply to message #63826] Mon, 11 October 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RockingAngel is currently offline  RockingAngel
Chancellor
I haven't seen it yet but I do usually wait for the DVD since I am a major homebody. I think it is going to be excellent though and I love Julia Roberts.
Re: Eat, pray, love [message #65438 is a reply to message #63826] Tue, 28 December 2010 22:27 Go to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I still haven't seen the movie... waiting for it to come out on DVD. It is encouraging to hear that some of you liked it though. I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it! I was afraid the movie wouldn't be any good because it's harder for me to view a movie with an open mind when I've read the book first.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Previous Topic: Gulliver's Travels
Next Topic: Romantic Comedy Recommendations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 03:10:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio